Purpose of Role
To work effectively as part of a team to install, service, repair and maintain offshore oil equipment by working closely with the maintenance department. Carrying out repairs and upgrades of electrical equipment will be an integral part of the role. Help train colleagues across various disciplines.
- Ensure awareness and compliance with all TWMA, client and job specific procedures/legislation
- Participate in TWMA and Client Safety Observation Card programs.
- Attend safety meetings with HSEQ/Client personnel as required.
- Assist HSEQ Team in reporting and escalating any HSEQ incidents/concerns on site.
- Follow relevant permit to work and isolation procedures and work instructions.
- Actively participate in toolbox talks.
- Installation, service and repair of all TWMA equipment.
- Log information in maintenance job cards.
- Liaise with Product Line and Project and Asset Management Teams to obtain necessary information to assist and build new equipment as required.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Manager on work scopes required for; supplies, maintenance, manufacturing and testing.
- Source information from third party representatives as necessary.
- Provide back-up assistance to TWMA colleagues as and when required.
- Report all out of hours activity to Maintenance Manager.
- Traveling overseas/offshore to install, service & repair equipment as required.
- Be prepared to undertake medicals, vaccinations and training as required for offshore/overseas travel.
Skills and Experience
Qualifications and Training
- Certified Electrical Qualification
- ComPex Certification
- Valid BOSIET & MIST
- Valid OGUK Medical (for a minimum of 3 months)
- HNC/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Discipline
- Inspection of electrical systems, fault finding, testing and repairs
- Working with electrical schematic and wiring diagrams
- Carry out maintenance routines
- Carry out installations
- Repair breakdowns
- Working within drilling, drill cuttings management, solids control or drilling fluids disciplines
- Experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industries
- Ability to work to a high standard at all times.
- Ability to develop and follow operational instructions.
- Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the Company.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible attitude towards safety and equipment.
- Ability to travel offshore/overseas when required.
Complying with Procedures
- Ensure that all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employment law legislation and contract of employment.
- Keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and regulations that apply to the company.
Note: The duties described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee performs duties not included in this description.
TWMA is committed to protecting the personal data of private individuals during our recruitment process. By submitting your application for the vacancy described above, you will be giving us personal information about yourself. Please refer to our Candidate Recruitment Policy which explains to you how we protect and treat your personal information and the rights you have. You can read the policy either by clicking on the ‘Candidate Recruitment Policy’ section at the bottom of the home page of our website or by requesting a copy of the policy from us.