Purpose of Role
The Equipment Specialist is part of the country engineering & maintenance function. Their role in the organisation is to provide specialist support within ongoing live projects. The role will support in the following key areas:
- Provide technical support during operational planning, execution, and closure
- Support and ensure all maintenance routines/tasks are executed
- Support all pre and post-job hire activities, ensuring equipment is ready and fit for purpose at all times
- Liaise with OEM’s, ensuring clearly defined specialist support companies are available and are kept up to date when required. Additionally, liaise and work with OEM’s in the event specialist intervention is required
- Provide troubleshooting to ongoing operations
- Track equipment operational performance, liaise with local and global teams when identifying, defining, and implementing improvements
Specialist Service Delivery
- Mechanical problem solving of existing product line
- Onsite technical authority during new project start-up and commissioning
- Performance monitoring of assets to identify areas of improvement & refinement
- Liaise with SME’s/OEM’s to support ongoing operations and development of products
- Understand, interpret, and communicate feedback internally from rig site operations
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure a safe, efficient, and effective mechanical engineering service is delivered
- In the event of new product development, support SME during a new product launch (in your specific area) to understand the application in a live environment and identify future development opportunities
- Develop, revise, review and approve technical documentation and procedures for issue in relation to maintenance in current business unit
- Collaborate on the specification for equipment and materials procurement, to identify suitable specialist products or services and verify the testing of specialist or high cost purchases
- Examine, investigate, review and report on; HSEQ incidents, non-conformance or change requests
- Support training department with technical training material and evaluation
HSEQ Targets & Objectives
- Assist in development and realisation of HSEQ targets and objectives
- Participate in regular HSEQ team meetings to progress targets and objectives
- HNC or Higher Level in Mechanical Engineer, Design and/or Product Design or equivalent
- Design, manufacturing, and maintenance activities associated with mechanical engineers
- Sound understanding of drilling waste management
- Project management/engineering
- Ability to communicate expertise, knowledge, and experience effectively across the organisation verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to deliver a valued contribution to the company
- Highly organised and able to manage competing demand
- Understanding of document control process
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in mechanical engineering
Complying with Procedures
- Ensure that all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employment law legislation and contract of employment.
- Keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and regulations that apply to the company.
Note: The duties as described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee performs duties not included in this description.