Purpose of Role
An Equipment Specialist is part of a business units Engineering & Maintenance function. Their role in the organisation is to provide specialist support within ongoing live projects. The role part of the country engineering and maintenance function will support in the key areas:
- Providing technical support during operational planning, execution, and closure.
- Support and ensure all maintenance routines/tasks are executed.
- Support all pre- and post-job hire activities, ensuring equipment is ready and fit for purpose at all times.
- Liaise with OEM’s, ensuring clearly defined specialist support companies are available and are kept up to date when required. Additionally, liaise and work with OEM’s in the event specialist intervention is required.
- Provide troubleshooting to ongoing operations.
- Track equipment operational performance, liaise with local and global teams when identifying, defining, and implementing improvements
- Communicate, manage and maintain high levels of awareness and compliance to TWMA HSEQ KPI’s
- Assist engineering team to ensure that internal/client non-conformances reported are investigated, actioned and closed out
- Ensure awareness and compliance with all TWMA, client and job specific procedures/legislation
- Maintain an active role in the identification of opportunities for continual improvement in the company’s quality, health, safety and environmental management system and where appropriate assist in the implementation of these improvements
Specialist Service Delivery
- Monitor, maintain and close out all Service Requests (SR’s) for all ongoing UK Operations.
- Problem solving of existing product line.
- Onsite technical authority during new project start-up and commissioning.
- Performance monitoring of assets to identify areas of improvement & refinement.
- Liaise with SME’s/OEM’s to support ongoing operations and development of products.
- Understand, interpret, and communicate internally feedback from rig site operations.
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure a safe, efficient, and effective mechanical engineering service is delivered.
- In the event of new product development, support SME during a new product launch [in your specific area] to understand in application in a live environment and identify future development opportunities.
- Develop, revise, review and approve for issue technical documentation and procedures related to maintenance in current business unit.
- Collaborate on the specification for equipment and materials procurement, to identify suitable specialist products or services and verify the testing of specialist or high cost purchases.
- Examine, investigate, review and report on an; HSEQ incident, non-conformance or change request.
- Support training dept with technical training material and evaluation.
Skills and Experience
Qualifications and Training
- HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Design and/or Product Design or equivalent
- Design, manufacturing and maintenance activities associated with mechanical engineers.
- Sound understanding of drilling waste management.
- Project management/engineering
- Ability to communicate expertise, knowledge, and experience effectively across the Organization verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to deliver a valued contribution to the Group
- Highly organized and able to manage competing demand
- Understanding of document control process
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in mechanical engineering
Complying with Procedures
- Ensure that all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employment law legislation and contract of employment.
- Keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and regulations that apply to the company.
Note: The duties described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee performs duties not included in this description.
TWMA is committed to protecting the personal data of private individuals during our recruitment process. By submitting your application for the vacancy described above, you will be giving us personal information about yourself. Please refer to our Candidate Recruitment Policy which explains to you how we protect and treat your personal information and the rights you have. You can read the policy either by clicking on the ‘Candidate Recruitment Policy’ section at the bottom of the home page of our website or by requesting a copy of the policy from us.