Purpose of Role
Overall responsibility for the Mechanical Team and Labourer by communicating, managing and controlling the shopfloor activities of the Team. To supervise and advise on the application and quality of work undertaken by the Mechanical Team. To provide assistance in carrying out repairs and servicing to Company equipment both onshore and offshore.
- Act as Technical Person with Executive Function for mechanical isolations and permits at Peterhead Site and Tullos when required.
- Communicate, manage and maintain high levels of awareness and compliance to TWMA HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Direct the Mechanical Team in ensuring that internal/client non-conformances actions are closed out and implemented.
- Ensure that self and team are aware and comply with all TWMA, client and job specific procedures/legislation
- Maintain an active role in the identification of opportunities for continual improvement in the Company’s quality, health safety and environmental management system, and where appropriate assist in the implementation of these improvements.
- Attend safety meetings with HSEQ/Client personnel as required
- Assist HSEQ Team in reporting, recording, investigating, and closing out any HSEQ incidents on site.
- Generate Permits to Work (Isolations & Risk Assessments) and lift plans.
- Conduct or ensure that Toolbox Talks are conducted.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Manager on work scopes required for; supplies, maintenance, manufacturing and testing.
- Liaise with Product Line and Project and Asset Management Teams to obtain necessary information to assist and build new equipment as required.
- Source information from third party vendors as necessary.
- Check and apply maintenance to all company equipment.
- Apply approved instructions to manufacture, repair, install or uninstall equipment and assets.
- Review, record and retain documents for asset; examination, inspection & test in the asset job file.
- Review, record and retain documents for materials, assemblies and new products in the asset job file.
- Report any faults and maintain the up to date calibration information for equipment.
- Work to equipment budgets in line with approvals, reporting any additional requirements and deficits.
- Participate in company sponsored training courses.
- Supply Mechanical Team with information and instructions as necessary. Lead, develop and motivate and skilled and effective team.
- Provide support and regularly communicate with subordinate staff, both formally and informally, to ensure that expectations are understood, and the highest level of operations are achieved.
- Manage 3rd party agents to maintain local staff qualifications against company approved instructions.
- Liaise with management to determine appropriate manning levels for the Mechanical Team.
- Set performance targets for all processes and personnel for which you are responsible.
- Liaise with HR in respect of all recruitment and selection requirements, discipline and grievance issues and performance management according to policy and procedure.
- Liaise with Training and Competency Team to plan training for subordinate staff to enable effective performance and ensure their personal development is continued in order to meet the changes in the business.
Skills and Experience
Qualifications and Training
- Basic Academic Qualifications
- HNC/HND in Engineering or Technical discipline
- Inspection of machine systems, fault finding, testing and repairs
- Working with schematic and diagrams
- Carry out maintenance routines
- Carry out installations
- Repair breakdowns
- Managing staff effectively
- Working within drilling, drill cuttings management, solids control or drilling fluids disciplines
- Experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industries
- Working within drilling water or Process industries
- Solids Control Equipment Experience including:
- Screw Conveyors
- Vacuum Units
- Bulk Storage and Transfer Systems
- Air Transfer Systems
- Pit Cleaning Operations
Qualifications / Training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to maintain efficient running of several projects simultaneously
- Service delivery orientated
- Confident decision maker
Complying with Procedures
- Ensure that all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employment law legislation and contract of employment.
- Keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and regulations that apply to the company.
Note: The duties described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee performs duties not included in this description.
TWMA is committed to protecting the personal data of private individuals during our recruitment process. By submitting your application for the vacancy described above, you will be giving us personal information about yourself. Please refer to our Candidate Recruitment Policy which explains to you how we protect and treat your personal information and the rights you have. You can read the policy either by clicking on the ‘Candidate Recruitment Policy’ section at the bottom of the home page of our website or by requesting a copy of the policy from us.