Purpose of Role
This is an entry level position into the Procurement & Supply Chain Team. The primary focus of this role is to ensure effective, efficient, and cohesive operational supply chain support to internal stakeholders and our wider supply chain partners. You will need to develop and maintain great working relationships with appropriate personnel at all levels both internally and externally and ensure a consistent supply chain management message is communicated to suppliers.
- Day to day management of new supplier vendor platform
- Support buyer(s) with expediting of orders to ensure on-time delivery against agreed delivery dates and to meet operational requirements
- Supporting buyer(s) to coordinate with vendors in the event of an issue with quality or certification issues then communicate and record non conformance reports
- Working with Group Supply Chain Manager and buyer(s) research, analyse and investigate markets and supplier pricing strategies and maintain a supplier evaluation system and to coordinate with vendors to help improve their performance
Skills & Experience
- Upper Secondary Academic Qualifications
- CIPS Accreditation or working towards
- Entry level experience within a supply chain function
- Experience working in an engineering-based environment would be beneficial
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with high standards of English, punctuation, and grammar
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to filter information and prioritise tasks
- Have a strong commitment and be self-motivated to develop and learn
- Strong time management skills
- Computer Literate
- Word / Excel /PPT (preferably with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) experience)
Complying with Procedures
- Ensure that all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employment law legislation and contract of employment.
Note: The duties as described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee performs duties not included in this description.